BEDu Journal is committed to the highest ethical standards. We encourage authors to refer to the Committee on Publication Ethics’ (COPE), International Standards for Authors (https://publicationethics.org/resources/international-standards-for-editors-and-authors).If you have any questions or concerns about an ethical issue, please contact the Journal Editor
Before submitting an article, authors should ensure that they satisfy the following criteria.
- Authors must claim, that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). If authors decide to submit their manuscript to another journal, they must withdraw their paper from JLLS.
- The corresponding author will ensure that all contributing co-authors have approved the final version of the manuscript and agreed to its submission for publication. Only authors who have made a significant contribution to the submitted study will be included.
- Authors must ensure that their manuscript is original and provide a list of references for the material that is taken from other sources.
- Authors must acknowledge their funding for the submitted manuscript. They must state all sources of financial support they received and the role of the funder.
- Authors must carefully read the copyright statement and accept responsibility for releasing necessary information during the submission process.
- Authors should ensure that their data belong to them. If authors do not own the data, they must state that they have permission to use it.
- Authors should ensure that they conform to all research ethics guidelines, especially if human or animal subjects are involved in their research. They should ensure that they obtained proof of consent from participants in their research.
- Authors must state any potential conflict of interest on submission of their manuscript.
- Authors are obliged to participate in a peer review process of their submitted manuscript. They should respond to all the comments and any recommendations of reviewers before the given deadline.
- All contributing authors have a responsibility to inform the Editor of BEDU Journal immediately, if any error or mistake occurs after the submission of a manuscript or after the publication of a manuscript.
- Reviewers should keep the review process confidential.
- Reviewers should inform the Journal Editor, if they suspect any potential competing interest.
- Reviewers should evaluate all manuscripts objectively and professionally during the review process.
- Editors should ensure that the manuscripts conform to the ethical policies of their journal.
- Editors should not discriminate against authors on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation.
- Editors should address authors’ complaints and keep any documents related with the complaints.
- Editors should ensure that the manuscripts are reviewed in a confidential manner.
- Editors should ensure that authors and reviewers are properly advised regarding the review process as well as publication ethics and policies.
- Editors will handle any misconduct that occurs during the submission process. If Editors become aware of that research misconduct or the use of fraudulent data has occurred, studies will not be eligible for publication. Editors will not encourage such misconduct. Editors will issue a retraction notice, if there is any evidence that the findings are unreliable due to error or misconduct; if the manuscript has been published elsewhere without any permission; if the manuscript involves plagiarism, and if the manuscript involves unethical research.
- Editors will request a correction, if a contributing author is omitted or an author who has not contributed to the manuscript is included in the author list. If an error or mistake is identified in a manuscript, corrections will be made immediately after Editors and all authors agree on the corrections. When necessary, Editors welcome and publish any retractions, corrections, and clarifications submitted by the authors.
Every manuscript submitted for publication in BEDu Journal will be checked for plagiarism using the Turnitin program. If plagiarism is detected by the editors or peer reviewers, the editor will inform the author/s immediately, asking the author/s to rewrite the text or provide any necessary citations. If the author/s has plagiarised at least 20 % of the original source, the manuscript will not be eligible for review and publication.